Conclusion (For detailed astrological analysis read the analysis section):
So, based on the future transits, before April/May 2022, similar to my findings in the chart of USA Defence dept (https://jupiterastrology.com/c8-mundane/usa-wars-past-and-future/), the NATO will take some drastic measures to free Afghanistan from Taliban as its member countries interests are involved in Afghanistan. It can also play a major role in any part of the world in waging a war. This can be even in Asian region where the countries are not in good relationship amongst themselves. If this happens, it will be something BIG. It is for sure. This can have serious ramifications in the Asian region when it triggers.
My last article was on USA’s past wars and possible participation in future wars. Now, this article will cover what is next for NATO. The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) came into being as the result of a treaty signed on April 4, 1949. The horoscope for this date is highly descriptive and is sometimes used as that for the creation of NATO itself, which it is definitely not. The treaty signed in Washington at around 5.00 pm., although a literal reading of press reports suggests a time of 4.52 pm. for the completion of the signing ceremony. The organisation came into being at 11.42 am on August 24, 1949 when, following the ratification of the treaty by France (the final country to do so), President Truman signed the document bringing the treaty into force. (Source-Book of World Horoscopes, by Nicholas Campion).
NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) is an international alliance that consists of 30 member states from North America and Europe. It was established at the signing of the North Atlantic Treaty on 4 April 1949. Article Five of the treaty states that if an armed attack occurs against one of the member states, it shall be considered an attack against all members, and other members shall assist the attacked member, with armed forces if necessary. Of the 30 member countries, two are located in North America (Canada and the United States), 28 are in Europe, one of which (Turkey) is in both Europe and Asia. All members have militaries, except for Iceland, which does not have a typical army (but it does have a coast guard and a small unit of civilian specialists for NATO operations). Three of NATO’s members are nuclear weapons states: France, the United Kingdom, and the United States. NATO has 12 original founding member nation states, and from 18 February 1952 to 6 May 1955, it added three more member nations, and a fourth on 30 May 1982. After the end of the Cold War, NATO added 14 more member nations (10 former Warsaw Pact members and four former Yugoslav republics) from 12 March 1999 to 27 March 2020. NATO has added new members eight times since its foundation, in 1949, with a current total of 30 members. Twelve countries took part in the founding of NATO: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In 1952, Greece and Turkey became members of the Alliance, joined later by West Germany (in 1955) and Spain (in 1982). In 1990, with the reunification of Germany, NATO grew to include the former country of East Germany. Between 1994 and 1997, wider forums for regional cooperation between NATO and its neighbours were set up, including the Partnership for Peace, the Mediterranean Dialogue initiative and the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council. In 1997, three former Warsaw Pact countries, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Poland, were invited to join NATO. After this fourth enlargement in 1999, the Vilnius group of the Baltics and seven East European countries formed in May 2000 to cooperate and lobby for further NATO membership. Seven of these countries joined in the fifth enlargement in 2004. The Adriatic States Albania and Croatia joined in the sixth enlargement in 2009, Montenegro in 2017 and North Macedonia in 2020. Former United States president Donald Trump expressed interest in withdrawing from the organization during his 2016 presidential campaign, but he later stated that the United States would protect allies in the event that Article V is invoked.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO#Member_countries)
The chart for NATO is given below;
This is the article which will decipher the wars in which NATO participated in the past and what is likely in the future. Whether, NATO will participate in any future wars and if yes, when? I have taken all the past wars.
In my analysis, I have found transit Rahu/Ketu, and/or Saturn touched (either in conjunction/opposition or in trine) the sensitive natal planet degrees. These natal planets were lord of 10th house (Moon, planets in the 8th house (Rahu, Mars), lord of 6th house (Jupiter), lord of 8th house (Venus), Rahu/Ketu and finally the Asc degree (Libra).
The Ascendant (ASC) rising is Libra 9.48 degrees. Coincidently, the Ascendant (Asc) rising of USA Defence dept is Libra at 8.13 degrees.
First let us analyse the past wars in which NATO participated and what were the transit position of planets. Following are the list of wars in which NATO participated and transit position of Rahu/Ketu and Saturn on the date of beginning of war. For each war there is a link provided which can be gone through by the readers.
1. Bosnian war (1992 – 95) – began on April 6, 1992 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War).
On the day when war began, the transit Ketu was in Gemini at 10.54 degrees in trine to natal Asc degree in Libra at 9.48 degrees. The transit Saturn was in Capricorn at 22.38 degrees in trine to natal Ketu in Virgo at 25.48 degrees.
2. On 10 and 11 April 1994, the United Nations Protection Force called in air strikes to protect the Goražde safe area, resulting in the bombing of a Bosnian Serb military command outpost near Goražde by two US F-16 jets acting under NATO direction. In retaliation, Serbs took 150 U.N. personnel hostage on 14 April. On 16 April a British Sea Harrier was shot down over Goražde by Serb forces (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO#Military_operations).
On the day of April 10, 1994, the transit Saturn was in Aquarius at 14.33 degrees given exact opposition aspect to natal Saturn in Leo at 15.18 degrees and also Moon in Leo at 14.43 degrees. Both natal Saturn and Moon are in the 10th house of governance.
3. Operation Deliberate Force – Operation Deliberate Force was a sustained air campaign conducted by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), in concert with the United Nations Protection Force (UNPROFOR) ground operations, to undermine the military capability of the Army of Republika Srpska (VRS), which had threatened and attacked UN-designated “safe areas” in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the Bosnian War with the Srebrenica and Markale massacres, precipitating the intervention. The shelling of the Sarajevo market place on 28 August 1995 by the VRS is considered to be the immediate instigating factor behind NATO’s decision to launch the operation. The operation was carried out between 30 August and 20 September 1995, involving 400 aircraft and 5,000 personnel from 15 nations. Commanded by Admiral Leighton W. Smith Jr., the campaign struck 338 Bosnian Serb targets, many of which were destroyed. Overall, 1,026 bombs were dropped during the operation, 708 of which were precision-guided https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Deliberate_Force).
On the day of August 30, 1995, transit Rahu/Ketu were in Libra/Aries axis at 5.11 degrees in approaching square to Jupiter in Capricorn at 00.10 degrees. The transit Rahu just crossed over the natal Asc degree in Libra at 9.48 degrees. The transit Saturn was in Aquarius at 28.42 degrees in exact trine to natal Mars in Gemini at 28.12 degrees. Mars is lord of 7th house signifying wars. The transit Ketu in Aries just crossed over after trine to natal Sun in Leo at 7.58 degrees.
4. NATO bombing of Yugoslavia – The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) carried out an aerial bombing campaign against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia during the Kosovo War. The air strikes lasted from 24 March 1999 to 10 June 1999. The bombings continued until an agreement was reached that led to the withdrawal of Yugoslav armed forces from Kosovo, and the establishment of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo, a UN peacekeeping mission in Kosovo. The official NATO operation code name was “Operation Allied Force” whereas the United States called it “Operation Noble Anvil”; in Yugoslavia the operation was incorrectly called “Merciful Angel” (Serbian: Милосрдни анђео / Milosrdni anđeo) as a result of a misunderstanding or mistranslation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia).
On the day of March 24, 1999, the transit Rahu/Ketu were in Cancer/Capricorn axis at 26.10 degrees in exact trine to natal Rahu/Ketu in Pisces/Virgo axis (6th/12th axis).
5. Afghanistan war (2001 to 2021) – began on October 7, 2001 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)).
On the day when war began, the transit Rahu was in Gemini at 7.01 degrees in separating trine to natal Asc degree at 9.48 degrees. The transit Ketu was in Sagittarius at 7.01 in exact trine to natal Sun at 7.58 degrees.
6. Operation Ocean Shield – Operation Ocean Shield was NATO’s contribution to Operation Enduring Freedom – Horn of Africa (OEF-HOA), an anti-piracy initiative in the Indian Ocean, Guardafui Channel, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea. It follows the earlier Operation Allied Protector. Naval operations began on 17 August 2009 after being approved by the North Atlantic Council, the program was terminated on 15 December 2016 by NATO. Operation Ocean Shield focused on protecting the ships of Operation Allied Provider, which transported relief supplies as part of the World Food Programme’s mission in the region. The initiative also helped strengthen the navies and coast guards of regional states to assist in countering pirate attacks. Additionally, China and South Korea sent warships to participate in these activities (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ocean_Shield).
On the day of August 17, 2009, the transit Jupiter was Rx in Capricorn at 27.42 degrees in approaching trine to natal Ketu in Virgo at 25.48 degrees.
7. 2011 military intervention in Libya – On 19 March 2011, a multi-state NATO-led coalition began a military intervention in Libya, to implement United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973, in response to events during the First Libyan Civil War. With ten votes in favour and five abstentions, the UN Security Council’s intent was to have “an immediate ceasefire in Libya, including an end to the current attacks against civilians, which it said might constitute “crimes against humanity” … [imposing] a ban on all flights in the country’s airspace — a no-fly zone — and tightened sanctions on the [Muammar] Qadhafi regime and its supporters (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya).
On the day of March 19, 2011, the transit Rahu/Ketu were in Sagittarius/Gemini axis at 4.10 degrees. The transit Rahu was in separating trine to natal Asc degree in Libra at 9.48 degrees. The transit Ketu was in separating trine to natal Sun in Leo at 7.58 degrees.
Based on the above, in my analysis, I have found transit Rahu/Ketu, and/or Saturn touched (either in conjunction/opposition, 3rd/10th aspect of Saturn or these were in trine) the sensitive natal planet degrees. These natal planets were lord of 10th house (Moon), planets in the 8th house (Rahu, Mars), lord of 6th house (Jupiter), lord of 8th house (Venus), lord of 12th house (Mercury), Rahu/Ketu and finally the Asc degree (Libra).
Now based on current transits, we have transit Rahu/Ketu in Taurus/Scorpio axis at 12.07 degrees. The transit Rahu is in approaching trine to natal Venus (Lord of 8th house) in Virgo at 11.47 degrees. The exact trine will be around August 31, 2021. Next, the transit Rahu is in approaching trine to natal Mercury in Virgo at 1.22 degrees and natal Jupiter in Capricorn at 00.10 degrees. The transit Rahu will be in exact trine to natal Mercury and Jupiter around by March 31, 2022. Next, the transit Rahu/Ketu will be in exact square to natal Sun in Leo at 7.58 degrees around end November 2021. Next, the transit Ketu will be in exact trine to natal Mars in Gemini at 28.12 degrees around end May 2022.
So, based on the above future transits, before April/May 2022, similar to my findings in the chart of USA Defence dept (https://jupiterastrology.com/c8-mundane/usa-wars-past-and-future/), the NATO will take some drastic measures to free Afghanistan from Taliban as its member countries interests are involved in Afghanistan. It can also play a major role in any part of the world in waging a war. This can be even in Asian region where the countries are not in good relationship amongst themselves. If this happens, it will be something BIG. It is for sure. This can have serious ramifications in the Asian region when it triggers.
B.Com., MFM Finance (NMIMS)
2 Year Jyotirvid and 3 Year Jyotirvisharad
(From Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan, Mumbai)
Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Sanskrit (From Mumbai University)
M A Sanskrit (Darshan) from Kavi Kulguru Kalidas Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Nagpur)
Professor of Astrology at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai
Date: August 26, 2021
Time: 9.00 PM, Mumbai, India
(Copyright – No portion of this article can be reproduced without the written permission of the Author)