Rainfall as per astrology is expected when the Sun enters the constellation “Ardra”. This happens normally during 21st/22nd/23rd June every year. Similarly, for the year 2016 the Sun enters Ardra constellation on 21st June, 2016 at 22:52:06 taking the place for Delhi. The chart for the Sun’s entry into Ardra constellation is given below;
As female species conceive, there is also supposed to be conception of clouds. As per sage varahamihra when Moon enters the constellation Purva Ashada in the month of December it is supposed to be the day of conception. According to some old sages, Sun’s entry into Purva Ashada is to be taken into account. But generally accepted practice is to take the Moon’s entry. So the delivery takes place when the Sun enters the constellation Ardra. So this means that it takes about 195 days approximately for delivery of rain. But to test the pregnancy (like we human being do) it is done by “Vayu Parikshan”. Here it is said that on that day when Moon enters Purva Ashada, we need to observe the direction of wind. It is said that when you feel the wind from North, North East or East the rain is supposed to be in abundance. We will not get into this subject.
The positions as given above are for day on Ardra Pravesh chart. But apart from this we also need to look into day-wise placement of planets. But for simplicity sake we will draw out a chart for a block of 10 days beginning each week from June 21, 2016. This is follows;
1. Planets in various constellation as per “Sapta Nadi” chakra,
2. Planets placement in various signs such as Fiery, Earthy, Airy and Watery.
3. Conjunction of Sun with various other planets as given above
4. Sun and Moon in Male/Female/Neuter constellations (Explained below)
5. Sun and Moon in Sun/Moon’s constellation (Explained below)
Based on the above if we add 195 days, we get June 25th, 2016. This date + or – 2 days we should get first rain. This does not include pre-monsoon showers.
Under the following circumstances, there will be miscarriage of the fetus.
– Dust storms
– If at the time of cloud formation, there will be affliction to Moon by malefic planets, there will be hailstorms and thunderbolt during the rainy season.
In the above chart, Moon is afflicted by Mars (which is with Rahu).
We have seen many earthquakes from December 13, 2015. We had also witnessed hail storms too. So this will have the effect of miscarriage of fetus.
We also had a “Local” Solar eclipse on March 9, 2016. This will also result in miscarriage.
However, we will have to with the help of following predict the rainfall;
1. Sun’s entry into Ardra constellation
2. Sun’s entry into Capricorn (i:e. Makar sankranti) [Not discussed here]
3. Sapta Nadi chakra
4. Placement and aspects of planets in the above charts
In addition to the above, transit of Sun and Moon in constellation also needs to be considered. Here the constellations are divided into three sexes namely;
i. Ardra to Swati – Female
ii. Ashwini to Mrigashira – Male
iii. Mula to Rewati – Male
iv. Vishaka, Anuradha & Jyeshta – Neutral
Rules for Sun and Moon in various constellations: (as per Brihat Samhita)
1. Transit of Sun and Moon in NEUTRAL constellation results in blowing of wind
2. Transit of Sun and Moon in FEMALE constellation results in sky covered by clouds
3. Transit of Sun and Moon in MALE constellation results in good rains
In addition to the above, the constellations are also divided into two groups between Sun and Moon.
1. Sun’s Constellations are;
Rohini, Mrigashira, P.Phalguni, U.Phalguni, Hasta, Chitra, Swati, Vishaka, Anuradha, Jyeshta, Mula, Satbisha, P. Bhadra
2. Moon’s constellations are;
Ashwini, Bharani, Krittika, Ardra, P. Vasu, Pushya, Ashlesa, Magha, P. Ashada, U.Ashada, Sravana, Dhanishta, U. Bhadra, Rewati
The Sun’s association with following planets give following effects;
Sun + Mercury = Rain with winds
Sun + Venus = Heavy rains
Sun + Mars = Warm weather
Sun+ Jupiter = Dry weather resulting in drought
Sun + Saturn = Scanty rain and cold weather
Sun + Rahu = Stormy weather
(as per M N Kedar, Mundane Astrology)
1. Moon In Moon’s constellation Wind blows
2. Moon In Sun’s constellation Rains
3. Sun In Sun’s constellation No rain
4. Sun & Moon In Moon’s constellation Short rains
5. Sun & Moon, if one in male and other female Rains
6. Sun & Moon, if one in female and other in neutral Scattered Rains
7. Sun & Moon, if both in female or male Shadow of clouds
8. Sun & Moon, if both in neutral No rain
Sapta Nadi Chakra
Ardra Pravesha Chart Analysis
In the above chart the Asc rising is Aquarius a airy sign. The asc has Ketu and the asc lord Saturn is retrograde in 10th house in Scorpio. The asc star lord is Mars which is retrograde in the 9th house in Libra in a airy sign. Mars is after Sun.
The spread of Asc and planets in Ardra Pravesh chart are as follows;
Saturn – Watery Sign (1)
Mercury – Earthy Sign (1)
Venus, Sun, Mars, Ketu and Asc – Airy Sign (5)
Rahu, Jupiter & Moon – Fiery Sign (3)
In the above case, the asc is afflicted by being in axis of Rahu/Ketu. Only 1 planet is in watery sign. This is a disturbing sign. There is a spread of 8 planets are between Airy and Fiery sign. Based on this it is clear that the weather will be hot and windy. Mars after Sun is also a disturbing feature, which reiterates that weather will be warm or hot too. The conjunction of Sun and Venus will give heavy rains too intermittently.
For the other analysis and period wise analysis refer the link below:
Period Wise Analysis
For Consolidated Chart refer:
From the above table we can conclude that we can expect heavy rains in the second half of July, 2016. Thereafter there will be below average or no rains.
B.Com., MFM Finance (NMIMS)
2 Year Jyotirvid and 3 Year Jyotirvisharad
(From Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan, Mumbai)
Date: 14th April, 2016
Time: 10.30 AM, Mumbai