We all witnessed a powerful presidential election campaign of a largest democratic country for the past almost one year. We also witnessed the swings of votes on the election date of November 8, 2016. Finally, Donald Trump won the race and now he is President Elect of world’s largest democracy. I had written in my article on who will win. I had predicted Hilary Clinton will win. But actually the opposite happened and Donald Trump won. I agree, I have faulted in the prediction. Astrology is a subject which needs constant research and inquiry. Having said that, I have tried to decipher what are likely events that one can expect post Trump taking over on January 20, 2017.
In analysing, I have considered the USA Independence chart of July 4, 1776 at 4.50 pm at Philadelphia. The chart is given below.
We will study the progressed chart for the period beginning January 20, 2017. This progressed chart is compared to the USA Independence chart as given below. The inner chart is the USA Independence chart and outer is the progressed chart.
We will look at the analysis keeping the promises made by Trump in his election speeches/manifesto. The following were the main election promises made by Trump. Many people were taken by surprise on his win. He finally delivered his first President-elect speech on November 9th, 2016 followed by protests all over. Still the country is not prepared to accept him. But the time will only prove Trump’s performance.
1. Trump has promised to build a border wall between Mexico and the United States.
2. He has also promised to deport 11 million immigrants.
3. Trump has promised to create millions of jobs.
4. He has pledged to repeal the Affordable Care Act. (ObamaCare)
5. Trump has said that he would appoint justices to the Supreme Court who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
6. He would get rid of Common Core in our education systems.
7. Trump has promised to “bomb the sh*t out of ISIS.”
8. He wants to bring back waterboarding.
9. Trump has promised to severely limit the immigration of Syrian refugees into our country.
10. He proposed a ban on Muslims.
America, Sagittarius rising shows people are law abiding citizens and judiciary is supreme. Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter denoting wealth. No wonder it is one of the richest economy with high wealth and controlling the world economy. Sagittarius sign symbol is an “Arrow” and it’s a fiery sign shows that country is ever-time indulging in war with other countries. Ascendant lord Jupiter is exalted in Cancer in the 7th house. America is a country with high public image and has fairly good relationship with almost all countries. Jupiter conjunct Venus (lord of 6 and 11) shows that it has shares friendly relationship too with majority countries in the globe. At the same time it also has countries which are its enemies.
Let us now take each of the progressed aspects to the natal planets. The aspect of transits will be dealt in the later article.
1. Progressed Sun in 7th house of progressed chart lord of 12 is trine to natal Sun in 8th, lord of natal 9th. The foreign relationships that he will develop will be of very secretive nature.
2. Progressed Moon in the 4th house, lord of 11th is opposition to Herschel in 7th (lord of 3rd) and progressing in 10th house. The opposition party will oppose the legislations and agreements. These again will be with respect to foreign trade agreements, war pacts, etc. Opposition will not support the government on majority of its moves. We have heard his election promises like curbing and sending back illegal immigrants from Mexico and other areas. If we remember what Trump said during his election speeches, he said…. “I would build a great wall,” Trump said, “and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.” Many people have analysed the cost of construction of wall to be extremely expensive at the same time the crime rates will increase. He had also promised to deport 11 million illegal immigrants. Mind you this again will increase militancy in the country as the process begins. A big promise made, but how far it can be implemented is what to be seen. The relationships with Russia, South Korea, etc (these are nuke producing countries, represented by Herschel) will be specifically viewed negatively by the other countries in addition to the opposition.
3. Progressed Mercury in 6th house in progressed chart, lord 1 and 2 is trine natal Mars in 7th (lord of 5th house) progressing in 2nd. The negotiations, agreements, legislations with respect to health, labour, treasury, etc. will undergo massive amendments and it will be well accepted by citizens. The entertainment and fashion industry will get boost. Trump said, “We’re going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none. And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.” Coming to the health policies, he reiterated in his speeches that he would make changes to the Affordable Care Act, AKA Obamacare. He said in his debate that he would repeal it, saying that it was a “disaster” for our country.
4. Progressed Venus in the progressed 9th house lord of 3 and 10 is trine natal Moon in 3 (lord of 8th) and progressing in 4th. Women, fashion industry, entertainment industry, households, etc. will get special place by way of improved policies by his government. The tax structure will be rationalised and welcomed by citizens. He has promised in his election speeches stating….. “I am proposing an across-the-board income tax reduction, especially for middle income Americans. This will lead to millions of new and really good paying jobs. The rich will pay their fair share, but no one will pay so much that it destroys jobs or undermines our ability as a nation to compete.”
5. Progressed Venus in the progressed 9th house, lord of 3 and 10 is square to natal Pluto in the 2nd (lord of 12th house) progressing in the 5th house. Progressed Saturn in 3rd house in progressed chart lord of 5th is trine to natal Venus in 7th house (lord of 6 and 11) progressing in 9th house. Trump in his debate said he would appoint justices to the Supreme Court who would overturn Roe v. Wade — the monumental court case that legalized abortion in 1973. This will create massive controversies and his move will be with some hidden agenda. He has promised to reverse Supreme Court decisions that have impacted the lives of women and same-sex couples around the country. This will create jitters across by the sections of LGBTQ community.
6. Progressed Jupiter in the 11th house of progressed chart is conjunct natal in 8th (lord of 9th) progressing in 7th house. There will be massive changes in the tax system. He had promised “I am proposing an across-the-board income tax reduction, especially for middle income Americans. This will lead to millions of new and really good paying jobs. The rich will pay their fair share, but no one will pay so much that it destroys jobs or undermines our ability as a nation to compete.” This move will certainly be beneficial for the people.
7. Progressed Jupiter is in the 11th house of progressed chart is square to Saturn in the 10th (lord of 2) progressing in 3rd house. His promise of revamping tax system will prove to be a loss to the government. In December 2015, Trump called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on. His comments linking Muslims to all terror attacks have been endlessly alarming and a direct reflection of the Islamophobia that our country faces. His framing of policies and amendments to laws with respect to immigration will be guided by his bias towards the Muslim community. This will give rise to growth of ISIS and terror strikes in the USA. Trump has promised to severely limit the immigration of Syrian refugees into our country.
Refer to above individual points mentioned above.
B.Com, MBA (NMIMS, Mumbai)
2 year Jyotirvid and 3 year Jyotirvisharad
(From Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai (BVB))
Faculty of Astrology at BVB, Mumbai
November 20, 2016
Mumbai, 10.30 PM