We all remember the massive earthquake that we had in Bhuj in Gujarat. I being a keen student of Mundane astrology have always been inquisitive to find out the real astrological reasons behind the causes of earthquake. I have been doing the study in mundane astrology and on earthquake in one among them. When going through study on past earthquakes in India, I happen to notice amazing similarities between current Nepal earthquake and the one we had in Bhuj, Gujarat on 26th January 2001.
You would have gone through my article on Nepal which was written on the 27th April, 2015 in my website. Refer…. http://jupiterastrology.com/c8-mundane/earthquake-in-nepal-and-massive-disaster/
Now before we venture into how the earthquake occurred and what are its astrological reasons, we need to understand some basic facts.
Earthquake normally happens when;
- There are two or more eclipses in a month. Ne it combination of solar or lunar
- Many planets are posited in one sign or maximum planets with/near the Sun
- The sign in which the eclipse occurs denotes the place in the globe
- The house in which the eclipse occurs in horoscope of independence, coronation affects the significance of that house. For example, eclipse occurring in 1/7 axis o4 4/10 axis will cause earthquakes.
- Saturn/Mars/Rahu together in Kendra or in 2/12 or 6/8 from each other.
- Eclipse occurring in dual signs have maximum impact
- The sign in which the eclipse falls becomes the “Ecliptical point”.
- When Saturn or mars transits over that point or aspects the point there is another earthquake or natural disaster.
- Placement of Moon and Mercury in the same nakshatra.
- Taurus and Scorpio are very dangerous signs for occurrence of earthquakes. Especially when Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Rahu are in these signs.
- Jupiter in Taurus or Scorpio and in conjunction/aspect of Mercury causes earthquakes.
- The 1st, 4th 7th, 8th, 12th or the 10th house from the “Ecliptical point” indicate the place of occurrence.
- Earthquake appears during the time of eclipse or near eclipse or lunation (full moon or new moon).
- Earthquake takes place near or on Purnima (Full moon)/Amavasya (New moon)
- When there is earthquake of a magnitude of near about 8 or more there can be tidal waves.
Types of Earthquakes are as follows;
|Parts of Day/Night||1st Part||2nd Part||1st Part||2nd Part|
|Names of Mandal||Vayavya||Agni||Indra||Varun|
|Area of effect from ecliptical point||1000 kms||550 kms||800 kms||900 kms|
|Nakshatras in which eclipse occurs (Moon in which constellation)||U. Phalguni, Hasta, Chitra, Swati, P. Vasu, Mrigashira and Ashwini||Pushya, Krithika, Vishaka, Bharani, Magha, P. Ashada and P. Phalguni||Abhijit, Sravana, Dhanishta, Rohini, Jyeshta, U. Ashada and Anuradha||Rewati, P. Ashada, Ardra, Ashlesha, Mula, U. Bhadra and Satbhisha|
Come let us see the similarities between the two and then study the Gujarat earthquake separately.
|Solar Eclipse on||25th December, 2000||20th March, 2015|
|Lunar Eclipse on||9th January, 2001||4th April, 2015|
|Earthquake on||26th January, 2001 at 8.46 am at Bhuj, Gujarat||25th April, 2015 at 11.56 am at Katmandu, Nepal|
|Number of days after Solar eclipse||32 days||36 days|
|Magnitude||7.7 (for 42 seconds)||7.9 (for 60 seconds)|
|Number of days after lunar eclipse||17 days||21 days|
|Number of lives lost||Approx 20,000 ppl||Approx 5,000 ppl as of 27th April, 2015 and expected to increase|
|Saturn/Mars/Rahu||2/12 and 6/8 position. Saturn in Taurus, Mars in Libra and Rahu in Gemini||2/12 and 6/8 position. Saturn in Scorpio and Mars in Aries and Rahu in Virgo|
|Ingress chart||Asc rising in Capricorn Ingress chart is Scorpio which is 12th house of Gujarat State chart. The Asc on Gujarat state chart is Sagittarius.||Asc rising in Aries ingress chart is Leo, which 2/12 position of King Birendra’s Coronation chart. The asc rising in coronation chart is Pisces.|
|Lunar New month chart||The Asc rising is Cancer, which is 6/8 position from Gujarat State chart||The Asc rising is Cancer, which is 1/10 position from Coronation chart|
|Lunar Eclipse||Occurred in 1/7 axis of Gujarat State chart. Sagittarius/Gemini.||Occurred in 1/7 axis of Coronation chart. Pisces/Virgo|
|Solar Eclipse||Occurred in 1/7 axis of Gujarat State chart. Sagittarius/Gemini||Occurred in 1/7 axis of Coronation chart. Pisces/Virgo|
|Star or Constellation||Dhanista (Indra Mandal and 1st Part of the day). Effect was within 800 kms||Punarvasu (Vayavya Mandal and 1st part of the day). Effect was within 1000 kms|
|Placement of Moon and Mercury in the same nakshatra||Moon and Mercury both in Dhanishta||Different nakshatra|
|Eclipse occurring in dual signs have maximum impact
|In dual signs Sagittarius/Gemini||In dual signs Pisces/Virgo|
|Taurus and Scorpio are very dangerous signs for occurrence of earthquakes. Especially when Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Rahu are in these signs.
|Saturn in Tarus||Saturn in Scorpio and retrograde. So the effect is multiplied.|
|Earthquake appears during the time of eclipse or near eclipse or lunation (full moon or new moon).
|Lunar new month on 24th January, 2001 and earthquake on 26th January, 2001||Lunar new month on 19th April, 2015 and Earthquake on 25th April, 2015|
The Gujarat State natal chart is as follows;
The Capricorn ingress chart for January, 2001 is as follows;
The Lunar New Month chart for January 24, 2001 is as follows;
Chart of Gujarat Earthquake is as follows;
2-Year Jyotirvid & 3-Year Jyotirvisharad
(From Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan, Mumbai)
Date: 28th April, 2015
Mumbai, at 01.20 am